This article provides instructions on how to submit your annual certification report. You are required to file an adherence to the policy each fiscal year; even if you did not engage in any outside professional activities during the year. When it is time to submit your annual certification report, you will receive an email notification and the annual certification button will become available in your UC OATS workspace. Before you can submit your annual certification, you must enter your Summer Info.
- Annual Certification reports have no expiration date
- Denied Category 1 activities with no reported effort are not included in the annual certification report
- The Annual Certification report will only show hours that count against your time threshold
- General campus faculty: Category 3 activities are not included in the annual certification report.
- Deans (APM 240) and Full-time Faculty Administrators (APM 246): Category 3 activities are included in the annual certification report
Before you certify
Use the Fiscal Year indicator to navigate to the fiscal year you are certifying. Confirm the following:
- All required activities have been reported. Learn more
- All activities have effort reported. Learn more
- All prior approval forms have been submitted. Forms that have not been submitted will show the 'Not Submitted' status. Learn more
- Your Summer Info has been entered for the entire fiscal year. Learn more
To complete annual certification:
- If you have not done so already, enter your Summer Info for the entire fiscal year you are certifying. Then, select the "Annual Certification" button.
- Locate the fiscal year you are certifying. The "Summer Salary" button will be present if you have not filled out your summer salary information. Click the "Summer Salary" button. **If the Summer Salary button is not listed, skip to step 5.
- Fill out the summer salary form and then click "Update Summer Info."
- Select the "Annual Certification" button.
- Locate the fiscal year you are certifying and select the "Not Submitted" button.
- View and confirm the list of reported activities is accurate and up to date. Once confirmed, click the "Certify Activities" button. Please note, that you will receive an error message if a prior approval form has not been submitted or if no effort has been reported on an activity. Please review the Annual Certification - Action Required article to learn more.
- Read the certification statement, confirm the summer salary statement, enter your initials, and then click "Submit".
- You can view your annual certification details, notes, and historical actions on the certification page.
Recall: You have the option to recall your annual certification report (before it is approved) if you need to make updates. Learn more
Click the "Back to your summary page" to return to your workspace.