This article provides instructions on how to submit your annual certification report. You are required to file an adherence to the policy each fiscal year; even if you did not engage in any outside professional activities during the year. When it is time to submit your annual certification report, you will receive an email notification and the annual certification button will become available in your UC OATS workspace.
- Annual Certification reports have no expiration date
- Denied Category 1 activities with no reported effort are not included in the annual certification report
- The Annual Certification report will only show hours that count against your time threshold
- General campus faculty: Category 3 activities are not included in the annual certification report.
- Deans (APM 240) and Full-time Faculty Administrators (APM 246): Compensated Category 3 activities are included in the annual certification report
Before you certify
The following is a list of issues that may prevent you from submitting your Annual Certification. Before you certify, confirm the following:
- All of your prior approval forms have been submitted. Forms that have not been submitted will show the 'Not Submitted' status.
- All of your activities have effort reported.
- For Academic Personnel: All academic year faculty who are required to report under APM 025 must complete their Summer Salary Info.
To complete annual certification:
- Click the "Annual Certification" button.
- Select the fiscal year you are certifying from the list.
Academic Year Faculty: Academic year faculty must fill out their Summer Salary Information for the year they are certifying before they can complete annual certification. Once the Summer Salary information is complete, the 'Not Submitted' button will become available.
- View and confirm the list of reported activities is accurate and up to date. Once confirmed, click the "Certify Activities" button. Please note, you will receive an error message if a prior approval form has not been submitted or if no effort has been reported on an activity. Please review the Annual Certification - Action Required article to learn more.
- Read the certification statement and then enter your initials.
- Click the "Submit" button. Your annual certification report has been submitted and will process through the approval workflow.
- You can view your annual certification details, notes, and historical actions on the certification page.
Click the "Back to your summary page" to return to your workspace.