This article will show you how to complete the "Exceed TH Prior Approval Request" form. The Time dashboard displays your time threshold and the number of hours you have reported.
- The first green bar represents the number of hours/earnings you have reported that are within your threshold
- The gold bar represents the total number of hours/earnings that have exceeded your time threshold
- After you have submitted a form, if you exceed your requested threshold for that activity a new "Request to Exceed TH" form will appear.
- Once your Exceed TH form is approved, the approved amount will be your threshold for that activity.
- Once you have exceeded your time threshold, any further earnings will be owed to the plan; in accordance with policy.
- You cannot cancel the exceed threshold form unless you delete the effort that exceeded your threshold. As long as you are over the threshold for that activity, the form must be submitted.
To submit a "Request to Exceed TH" form:
- Select the "Exceed TH Prior Approval Request" form.
(a) If you know ahead of time that you will exceed your time and/or earnings threshold you can proactively request approval by selecting the "Exceed TH Prior Approval Request" button (as shown below).
(b) If you exceed your time and/or earnings threshold the "Exceed TH Prior Approval Request" form will automatically appear. The status of the form will show "Not Submitted" until you complete and submit the form.
- Complete the form. Enter the total number of hours to be devoted to the activity and the total expected earnings from the activity. The value must be greater than what is shown in red.
- Click the "Request Approval" button to submit the form. Once submitted, the form will process through your campus approval workflow, which will vary per campus. You will receive an email notification with the decision or if the form is returned to you.
Note: You cannot cancel the form unless you delete the effort that exceeded your threshold. As long as you are over the threshold for that activity, the form must be submitted.