This article will show you how to manage staff roles in UC OATS. Users may be assigned multiple roles in UC OATS. Some roles, such as the stock evaluator role, faculty change role, and historical data manager role require users to also have the reviewer role. For example, a staff member who processes stock payments would need to be assigned both a reviewer role and stock evaluator role. To learn more about roles, please visit the Roles Overview article.
- Staff roles are applied across fiscal years. For example, if you remove someone from a Department Chair role, they will be removed from that role for all fiscal years.
To manage staff roles,
- Click on the "App Admin" button to open the Application Administrator workspace.
- Make sure you are in the correct fiscal year. You can move forward and back through fiscal years by clicking the arrows.
- Select the "Departments" tab and locate the department/unit where that staff member should reside. You can use the (a) "Department Hierarchy Tree Structure" button or (b) you can click on the department/unit title links until you get to the appropriate location.
- Once you are in the appropriate department, click on the "Staff" tab. The list of staff within that unit will appear. Locate the staff member's account.
- Click on the "Edit Roles" button to manage the staff member's role. Staff may be assigned more than one role. Some roles, such as the stock evaluator role, faculty change role, and historical data manager role require users to also have the reviewer role. To learn more about staff roles visit the Staff Roles Overview.
- Click the "Submit" button to complete the changes.