This article provides an overview of the department tab.
- Please contact the technical partner if you need to delete a department. Deleting a department can interrupt prior approval workflows.
The following is an overview of the Department tab:
- Department Hierarchy Tree Structure - You can navigate your department hierarchy tree structure by clicking on the hierarchy icon.
- Department Code - Click the department code link to go to that specific department.
- Faculty & Staff Count / Department Level - The numbers between the parentheses represent the number of approvers (A), reviewers (R), and faculty (F) within a department/unit. The number in brackets is the department level in the hierarchy.
- Highlighted Department - The department has faculty, but is missing a reviewer and/or approver. Each department that has faculty must also have at least one reviewer and one approver to process prior approval forms.
- Search -
- Department List -
- ID - A unique ID number assigned by UC OATS.
- Code - A unique ID number that does not change over the life time of an organizational unit.
- Title - The name of the organizational unit in association with the dept code provided.
- Description - The department/unit name.
- Inherit Summer Term - Shows if a summer term was inherited from the parent department/unit.
- Status - Current status of the department/unit.
- Active - Unit is active
- Locked - Unit is locked, no changes are permitted
- Deleted - Unit has been disabled and it no longer in use
- Created On - Date unit was created
- Actions - The "edit" button enables changes.
- Edit - Click the "Edit" button to make changes to the department/unit.