This article shows you how to process a faculty member's separation in UC OATS. Before a faculty member separates from the university, it is important that they first complete annual certification for the current fiscal year, if possible.
- Only reviewers with the 'Faculty Status Change' role can mark a faculty as separated.
- Faculty will have access to UC OATS until the university removes their UC logon rights.
To separate an employee in UC OATS:
- Select the correct fiscal year for the separation.
- Click on the Faculty button.
- Click on the All Faculty Tab and deselect the Faculty with Outside Activities filter option to view all faculty.
- Locate the faculty who is separating from the university and click on their name.
- In the Fiscal Status section, do the following,
- Select the Separated button
- Enter the Separation Date
- Select the Reason for separation (Separated, Deceased, Retired, Other)
- Click the Enable Annual Certification check box to enable the annual certification button for the selected year. Doing so will make the annual certification button available on the faculty member's workspace. If you would like to enable annual certification for multiple years, you will need to change the fiscal year and follow this process again.
- ***When you enable annual certification the faculty will receive an annual certification email reminder.
- Click Update to finalize the changes.