This article provides instructions on how to document a faculty member's leave to engage in outside activities in UC OATS. Anytime a faculty member is on leave to engage in outside professional activities, you have the option of flagging them in UC OATS. This flag does not change system functionality, but it adds an indicator next to the faculty member's name so reviewers and approvers will know the person is on leave.
- Only reviewers with the 'Faculty Status Change' role can mark a faculty as on leave.
To flag a faculty member as on leave in UC OATS:
- Select the 'Faculty' button to view the list of faculty within your assigned unit(s).
- Locate and select the faculty member's name that is on leave. You may need to deselect the 'Faculty with Outside Activities' filter to view all faculty.
- On the Faculty Details page, select the 'Leave to engage in outside activity' checkbox and add a comment about the persons leave. Then click the 'Update' button.
- Select the 'Back to faculty list' button to return to the list of faculty members.
- The faculty members on leave will display a pair of sunglasses. When the faculty member returns from leave, follow the same steps and deselect the 'Leave to engage in outside activity' checkbox.