This article shows you how to review annual certification reports. Faculty members are required to file a certification of adherence to the APM 671 policy each fiscal year; even if they did not engage in any outside professional activities during the year. When faculty submit their annual certification reports, you will receive a daily and/or weekly email notification letting you know there are items in your queue to review.
- The system will verify that all prior approval forms for a faculty member are approved/accepted before you can approve/accept the annual certification report. The 'Approve' and 'Acknowledgment' options will not be available if there are prior approval forms still processing through the approval workflow.
To review and approve annual certification reports:
- Go to the 'Fiscal Year' indicator and click the back arrow to go to the previous fiscal year.
- Click on the 'Annual Certification' button.
- Annual certification reports are divided into two queues; 'Without Activities' and 'With Activities'. Select a queue.
- Click on the annual certification report.
- Review the annual certification report.
- Check the 'Notes' field for additional information and attachments.
- Signed Version- Displays a PDF copy of the Annual Certification report once it receives final approval/acceptance.
- Scroll to the bottom of the form to see available actions.
Approved - Select 'Approved' if the form is ready to be sent to the next level of review and approval, if applicable.
- Send Back to Faculty - Select this option if further information is needed by the faculty member in order for you to make a decision. When this option is selected, a 'Note' field will appear. Enter a detailed reason why the form is being returned to the faculty member and what you would like that faculty member to do. Once the faculty member makes the corrections and resubmits the form, it will process through the approval workflow again.
- Send Back to Reviewer - Select this option to return the form to the reviewer in your department/unit. Enter detailed notes regarding the reason for return and what you would like the reviewer to do.
- Click the 'Submit Action' button.