< FAQ Main Page

Do I need to Request Permission to Include Students in an Outside Professional Activity?

If you plan on involving students in any outside professional activity (Category I, II, III) you will need to request permission. To request permission, you will need to first enter the activity into UC OATS and indicate that you plan on involving a student(s). You will receive an email notification once a final decision has been made or if the form is returned to you. Review these step-by-step instructions to learn how to complete a Student Involvement form.